TALA DANCE CENTER is a non-profit art organization, established on February 14th 2000. Its founders are LARISA NAVOJEC and TAMARA CURIĆ, artists who have been succesfully active in the world of modern dance as professional dancers, choreographers and dance pedagogists for many years.
Our institution’s activity is making contemporary dance popular with children, youth and adults through preparing and performing various programs related to contamporary dance, with priority given to following:
– Performance and creation of theatre performances
– Educational programs with a wide range of dance techniques
– Everyday trainings for professional dancers, workshops, courses
– National and international networking
– Organization of dance projects and events
– Promoting and supporting dance art development initiatives
– Cooperation with cultural and other institutions and artists on various projects, for the purpose of program implementation
We establish cooperation and connections with foreign dancers, choreographers, cultural institutions, centres and organizations in Europe and worldwide.
We implement a regional program through a network of partners, in order to continue developing, keep up with new trends, advance, acquire better working and education conditions, and become included in modern systems of financing art and culture.
We are the initiator and organizer of the Platform.hr, an event which:
– Presents the work of Croatian and foreign choreographers
– Promotes the development of the Croatian modern dance scene
– Helps young and established choreographers and dancers present and implement their ideas and individual approaches to dance art
– Establishes numerous cooperations with eminent international choreography centres and artists
– Offers local, regional and international presentation to dancers and choreographers and establishes cultural cooperation through various programs
We are successfully cooperating with many theatres, festivals and organizations in Croatia and abroad.
Performances: “Baloons”, dance performance for children, “Skips”, percussion-dance performance, “The pig is lovesick”, dance improvisation, “Aquaplan”, multimedial dance performance, “Men in skirts, women - too!?”, dance performance, “Lift”, multimedial dance performance, dance performances: “Seed”, “Don’t be affraid, I am too”, “Supersomething”, “Out Of Service”; “My heart beats for her”, football-dance spectacle, “Waiting Room”, dance theatre, “Pina and Martha”, installation, “Three pigs in the box”, dance performance for children, "Roads", dance-theater performance.
Amateur dance performances: “Romeo and Juliet”, “Milky Way”, “Academy, that’s our story”, “Volume 1”, „Course of comunication“, "Vrt kserofilnih biljaka".